the Goal of arthroplasty
the Purpose of arthroplasty is the complete restoration of the lost mobility in the joint. Call modern endoprostheses, artificial joints, which allow patients to regain the joy of movement, to get rid of pain and past suffering. To replace the heavy surgery, came today modern, robotic surgery for a partial replacement of worn articular surfaces. Such operations are performed with minimal intervention, and rehabilitation takes a very short time. When the required total joint replacement (total endoprosthesis), to help surgeons-orthopedists comes with the latest navigation equipment, allowing to install the implant with precision that returns the limb to maximize mobility. Implants become biocompatible with the human body, artificial joints are made of composite materials and have longer service life.
Doclandmed.com recommends only those doctors and technology, which are recognized as best in the world.
We found 16 clinics specialized in knee replacement with cumulative rating
knee Replacement can be performed with surgical intervention. The damaged joint is replaced by artificial prosthesis consisting of metal and plastic composites, which act as connection, ensuring the completeness of motion in the knee.
in what diseases may need a knee replacement?
- Osteoarthritis — the so-called knee osteoarthritis, which may occur as a result of injury, aging or disease;
- Rheumatoid arthritis, other autoimmune and infectious diseases leading to destruction of the knee joint;
- Trauma and effects of trauma, causing significant damage to the knee joint;
- Increased load on the knee joint associated with excess weight or excessive loads.
methods of knee replacement
- Conventional surgical operation;
- Total knee replacement using computer navigation;
- Robotic surgery for partial knee replacement;
Modern methods of arthroplasty
Manufacturers of modern implants provide a choice of components, sizes and fixing options that allows the doctor to create the right combination of the implant, necessary to best restore the function of the knee. To achieve stability in the joint use operations with computer navigation. During such an operation, the surgeon obtains information on the exact individual anatomy of the patient's knee and surrounding soft tissues in real time, which has a number of advantages:
- the Maximum precision of installation of the endoprosthesis — is a guarantee of stability of the knee, complete the work and durability of the new joint;
- Ensure accurate balance soft tissue during surgery reduces the time of rehabilitation;
- the Possibility of hip replacement through a smaller incision, compared with conventional surgery, thus reducing postoperative pain.
Partial knee replacement
Partial hip replacement using the MAKOplasty technology is robotic surgery, which is replaced by the inner part of the knee joint. When performing operations using a robotic arm, the surgeon replaces only the worn part of the knee joint with new, artificial part (partial implant). Surgery is suitable for patients experiencing pain and limitation of motion associated with partial damage to the knee.
advantages of robotic surgery
- the Patient can start walking within 24 hours after the surgery;
- less pain, Less blood loss than with traditional surgery;
- faster recovery — the patient is able to return home;
- the knee after such a surgery will last longer;
- During the partial robotic endoprotezirovanie not damaged the tendons and tissues around the knee.
Alternative to arthroplasty of the knee
- to restore the cartilaginous surface of the knee joint using a special minimally invasive surgery;
- Aeroscopically the restoration of tendons and cartilage, as well as removal of fragments of bone or cartilage that can cause pain in the knee;
- Intra-articular injection of hyaluronic acid long-acting — provide lubrication between the articular surfaces of the knee;
- anti-inflammatory Intra-articular injection of corticosteroids;
- Injection of autologous stem cells, enriched with gold;
- Injection of platelet-rich plasma is another option for young patients with cartilage damage of the knee joint.
Recommendations for people experiencing pain in knee joints
For people with excessive weight, one of the fastest and most effective ways to reduce knee pain is to decrease excess body mass, which exerts unnecessary stress on the knee and pressure on the leg joints, especially the knee and ankle joints. Even losing a few pounds overweight can lead to a noticeable reduction in knee pain.
Contact your doctor! We can advise you a survey at the best orthopedists in Russia and abroad. Recommended the doctor will perform a thorough examination, establish an accurate diagnosis and make a treatment plan. In cases where knee replacement is needed, we are ready to offer you the right clinic for the surgery, and full rehabilitation. Cooperation with the leading specialized orthopedic centers of Russia, Germany, Israel and Korea, allows us to choose for each patient the optimal method of treatment.