The head of the treatment of multiple sclerosis center at the Department of Neurology, Professor of the Hebrew University of Neurology since 2003
An author of unique methods for the treatment of multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune neurological diseases.
1986 graduated from the Medical School "Aristotelion" in Thessaloniki. In 1994 he defended his thesis for the degree of Doctor of Science (PhD) in the field of neuroscience. 1994 Completed residency at the Department of Neurology University Hospital "Hadassah" in Jerusalem
- 1986 - graduate of the Medical Faculty of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Residency held at the medical center "Hadassah" in the field of neurology.
- In 1993 he defended his thesis for PhD in Neuroimmunology and Neurobiology,
- dedicated to new approaches to the treatment of neurological autoimmune diseases
Scientific and academic activities
The main topic of research by Professor Karusisa - detection and treatment of multiple sclerosis, as well as the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease, or Lou Gehrig's disease ) and other autoimmune neurological diseases. He developed a number of unique methods to treat these diseases, including the use of stem cells. He is the author of many publications and scientific works.
Dimitrius Karusis consists in a number of Israeli and international scientific community, such as:
- the European Council for the Exploration of multiple sclerosis,
- the Scientific Council of the European School for Neuroimmunology.
- He was awarded the international award for study of stem cell therapy (2009) and other prestigious awards.