Shimon Reif - a doctor practicing in two areas: pediatrics and gastroenterology. Specialist constantly developing new ways to treat, and uses the most modern and sparing methods of detecting and treating ailments. Rafe Shimon works with enough common ailments of the stomach and intestines: ulcers, colitis. But also successfully diagnose rare diseases, such as Crohn's disease, malabsorption syndrome, reveals the causes and appoint competent treatment of chronic diarrhea, pain in the abdomen, constipation and other digestive disorders.
it involved in the patients with illnesses of the liver , including various forms of hepatitis, chronic obstructive jaundice. Professor treating appetite and feeding disorders, including obesity, and weight loss. He was educated at the University of Haifa, in the late '80s he participated in studies of molecular biology at the MC named Sheba. In the New York Children's Hospital of Buffalo young doctor raised his qualifications and was a member of the research aimed at studying the liver. Shimon Reif wrote more than 120 scientific articles and monographs.
- In 1986-1987 gg. it was conducted in the Laboratory of Virology of Sheba Medical Center research in molecular biology.
- At the time of specialization in Children Children Hospital Buffalo has been involved in research related to the diagnosis and treatment in the field of pediatric gastroenterology.
- In 2000, he worked as a visiting professor in the laboratory liver gastroenterological department UNC Hospital in North Carolina, where he conducted studies of liver fibrosis. The results of these studies are reflected in two major publications, placed in a prestigious professional journals - JBC paper.
- Prof. Shimon Reif holds numerous studies on the treatment and prevention of liver fibrosis in the laboratory headed by Professor Joel Klug. These researches are aimed at the study of anti-fibrotic activity of specific RAS FTS antagonists.
- In collaboration with Professor Brener from UNC (NC) has been studying the effect of the ACP and other intracellular enzymes in the mechanisms of development of fibrotic liver changes. Recently, Prof. Shimon Reif worked on the anti-fibrotic activity of vitamin D.
- Medical center "Ichilov" - Head of the Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Medical center "Ichilov" - Deputy Head of the department of Pediatric gastroenterology
- Medical Center "Wolfson", Israel -. Head of the department of gastroenterology
- The Children's hospital of Buffalo, New York. , USA - a doctor in the department of pediatric gastroenterology
- Medical center "Ichilov" -. a doctor in the department of pediatric gastroenterology
- Medical Center "Top Ichilov Clinic" -. private practice .
Membership community / Participation in events
- The American Association of Gastroenterology.
- The American Association for the study of liver diseases.
- The European Association of pediatric gastroenterologists.
- The Israeli society for the study of liver diseases.
He has published over 100 articles and 20 monographs