Actively practicing endoscopic surgery of the peripheral nerves, as well as deals with the recovery of the brachial plexus, including children. international specialist in the field of laser microsurgery
Shimon Rokkhind - recognized in Israel and around the world specialist in the field of spinal surgery and procedures, aimed at restoration of the peripheral nerves. After training at the Medical University Shimon Rochkind he was on probation at the Department of Neurosurgery in Canada, South Africa, Germany and Japan.
Dr Rochkind heads the department of nerve reconstruction in large medkomplekse Ichilov in Israel, and is actively seeing patients at the center of "Assuta ".
In his paper, Professor uses only the advanced and high-tech methods of surgery, practicing the use of laser neurosurgery, conducting minimally invasive surgery, is working with the children.
Professor explores and introduces advanced laser techniques for the treatment of diseases of the peripheral nerves, deals with the recovery of total damage to the spinal cord and peripheral nerves using bioengineering techniques.
- Head of department of the recovery of peripheral nerves and service children's onkoortopedii in the Department of neurosurgery at Tel Aviv medical center (Sourasky);
- The President of the international society for laser surgery;
- Member of the Commission for surgery peripheral nerve <. / ul>
Exams / Accreditations
- 1978-1979 gg. - Training in the department of neurosurgery at the clinic Ivano-Frankivsk State Medical Institute (USSR).
- 1979-1981 gg. - Specialization in the Department of Neurosurgery, Rambam Medical Center. 1981-1988 gg. - Specialization in the Department of Neurosurgery Medical Center Ichilov
- 1989-1990 gg.. - Specialization in Pediatric Neurosurgery, Children's Hospital of Toronto (Canada).
- 1989-1990 gg. - Study of methods of conducting operations on brachial plexus and peripheral muscles Hospital in Cape Town (South Africa).
- 2003 - the improvement of technology operations to restore the nerves of the brachial plexus (Japan)
Membership Community / Participation in events
Association of Fellows of the American Society for Reconstruction of peripheral nerve;
- The International Committee for the Reconstruction of peripheral nerve;
- The Israeli Training Center Neurosurgeons
Scientific activities <. / h2>
- The chief editor of the magazine "Laser surgery" and the magazine "photomedicine" columnist in seventeen editions, devoted to clinical and scientific research.
- The author of dozens of scientific papers, several chapters in textbooks and monographs.