History of the University of clinics "English" began almost two centuries ago — in 1824, and today it is the largest healthcare facility not only in Germany but throughout Europe. It brings together 24 highly specialized medical center, 6 institutes and 19 departments.
At the University hospital "English" employs more than 7300 employees. More than 1000 of them — highly qualified doctors, professors, honorary doctors. The hospital center can accommodate 1,300 patients.
University hospital "English" is one of the most technologically advanced in Western Europe. Since 2012, it is actively used robotic equipment to successfully conduct operations with a high risk of complications. In situations where mandatory high-precision surgery when working with hard-to-reach parts of the body, doctors use a robot “Da Vinci”.
Also at the University hospital "English" apply the system of laser radiation, giving the opportunity to effectively treat a broad list of therapeutic diseases. Cancer center are treated with the help of radiochemotherapy. Also here is the reconstruction of damaged organs means flap.
No questions asked