The nuclear medicine applies radio nuclide (radioactive materials and properties of an atomic nucleus) pharmaceutical medicines in diagnostics and treatment of oncological diseases. Carry to nuclear medicine also methods of remote radiation therapy.
The nuclear medicine is applied in the following areas:
- cardiology - 46%
- oncology - 34%,
- neurology - 10%.
from total number of diagnostic testings
In oncology (radiobiology of tumors) the nuclear medicine carries out the following tasks:
- detection of tumors,
- identification of metastasises and recurrence,
- definition of degree of prevalence of tumoral process,
- differential diagnostics,
- treatment of tumoral educations
- assessment of efficiency of antineoplastic therapy.